Relax, Release, Restore, and Renew
Insightful Journeys Retreat
Join internationally recognized Yoga instructor and Fitness, Health, and Wellness expert,
Rhona Parsons for an inspiring Yoga/Pilates retreat
and learn how to bring the ART of B.A.L.A.N.C.E. into your life.
If you have never been on a yoga retreat before, you have chosen the right one to be your first...
If you have, you're going to love this one...
WHERE THE JUNGLE MEETS THE OCEAN
This wonderful retreat, located in Merida, Yucatan is located approximately 4 hours northwest of Can Cun.
There is everything you need here at beautiful Villa Merida to do for one week...nothing. Come and slow down. Immerse yourself in movement and stillness as your body beckons. There will be so much time to relax, release everything that no longer serves you, restore balance, and renew your zest for life.
Rhona's journey of self discovery began in 1997 when she attended her first yoga class. Since then, Rhona has devoted her career to helping others live their best lives through her teachings. Combining two favourite movement practices, Yoga and Pilates, Rhona has created the perfect balanced classes that she will be sharing with you.
The Relax, Release, Restore, and Renew Insightful Journeys retreat at Villa Merida is a flowing journey of meditation, Antaraka Yoga (Pilates-infused Hatha Yoga) classes, group coaching, and workshops. During this week-long retreat, we will look at how you can create changes in your life to begin your desired life.
What is your reason for wanting to spend this week in Paradise? Are you wanting to start a regular yoga or meditation practice? Does your creativity need an outlet? Do you simply need time away from your regular routines to reset some aspect of your life? I will be there to help you find what you need in Mar de Jade.
There will be hours in every day to simply stroll along the beautiful Chacala beach, to lie still in a hammock reading a book, or simply relaxing beside one of the pools. You may wish to wade or play in the Pacific Ocean, socialize, or attend to your own experience of being nourished by nature and soaking in the natural beauty of warm, sunny Mexico.
Each day, we will begin in a studio overlooking the ocean with meditation at 6:45 am and followed by Antaraka Yoga at 7:15 am. These optional sessions are a perfect way to begin the day, gently waking the body and mind and easing you into the morning.
A mini "Art of B.A.L.A.N.C.E." group workshop will follow lunch. This is where each day you will learn one of the principles of B.A.L.A.N.C.E. - seven amazing truths that will help you bring your dreams and desires to fruition through infinite possibilities!
A buffet-style dinner will begin around 6:30 pm, a wonderful time for socializing and connecting with old friends and new. The evening is yours to do as you please.
We then get to do it all over again ...
At 8:30 am, breakfast will be served, buffet-style, under a palapa, followed by hours for us to relax and enjoy the morning; a beautifully prepared buffet-style lunch will be available for us to enjoy around 1:30 pm.
At 5 pm, we will have our 2nd Antaraka Yoga class. These classes are fun! The class is dependent on the requests from the students and will be held in one of the retreat halls or on the beach. Some examples: Iron Yoga, Partner Yoga, Chakra Yoga, Yin/Yang, Hatha Flow, and Restore.
Experience simplicity and comfort in the beautiful, comfortable rooms offered at Mar de Jade. There are many choices for you. You can choose to share a room with other guests or enjoy the privacy of your own room.
Superior Ocean Room
COST: 7 nights/8 nights All fees are in USD currency
Double: $1,700 pp
Triple: $1,400 pp
Quad: $1,250 pp
Double: $1,300 pp
Triple: $1,134 pp
Quad: $1,050 pp
*discount available for Canadians
Double: $1,550 pp
Triple: $1,300 pp
Quad: 1,175 pp
Guest Loft Suite
GUEST DORM ROOM
Quad: $1,050 pp
These are Guest Rooms with a Loft to be shared between 4 women. The women’s dorm is a guaranteed rate; as a result, Mar de Jade reserves the right to assign roommates from different retreats in order to fill the dorm or to reassign participants to a guest room single or double if it doesn’t fill.
What clients are saying
The retreats that Rhona offers are exceptional. From the care she takes in choosing a location, to the detailed planning for invidual needs as far as food and accommodations, to the yoga/pilates and meditation classes she offers. Rhona's classes are carefully tailored for every ability level. I highly recommend Rhona's retreats.
LS | Enderby, BC Canada
I began taking Rhona’s classes over 15 years ago, and I was honored and excited when she asked me if I was interested in participating in her yoga retreat in Greece this past October.
Rhona has a deep and rich subject knowledge and gentle style that makes every class informative, inspirational and enjoyable. She is more than just a fabulous yoga instructor; she imparts wisdom and encouragement as part of each class and incorporates all her rich and highly skilled therapeutic knowledge, into the class and gives graciously to you. She enlightens and encourages me to be nurturing and expansive to our bodies and souls.
Rhona, offered multiple different types of yoga classes during the week (suggestions collected from the group). Infused with beautiful teachings and mediation, the classes were exactly what I needed, to recharge, recalibrate and find more balance in my life ♥️
SP | Vernon, BC Canada
My first yoga retreat will not be my last! We had an amazing time with Rhona at the Aegialis Hotel and Spa on Amorgos. The whole experience was wonderful.
I especially loved our gorgeous yoga studio overlooking the ocean, lit with candles and incense every morning and afternoon.
Rhona did a fantastic job of teaching to all of the levels in our group, and I can’t say enough about her knowledge and teaching ability. Any retreat with her would be rewarding.
ML | Nanoose Bay, BC Canada
Mara de Jade is not responsible for any reason of cancellations or modifications of the itineraries of flights or any other means of transportation
GROUP CANCELLATION POLICY
1. No refund will be given for the holding deposit.
2. If the group leader cancels the retreat, participants may choose to keep their reservation at Mar de Jade as a vacation or join another retreat during the same dates. They can also use their deposit towards another reservation within 18 months of the original reservation date, without any cancellation penalties. If they decide not to come after their retreat has been cancelled, the standard cancellation policy below will apply.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR GUESTS
1. Guests will have the option of using their full deposit, with no cancellation fees, towards another reservation at Mar de Jade within 18 months of the cancellation date. In order to receive the full credit, guests must cancel with at least two weeks' notice.
2. Guests will be entitled to a full refund less 10% of the total cost, with notice at least 60 days prior to the scheduled arrival date.
3. With notice of cancellation 59 days or less from the scheduled arrival date, there will be a cancellation penalty of 25% for the total stay.
4. No refund with notice of cancellation less than two weeks prior to arrival.
5. Guests are responsible for all nights reserved at the rates reserved. There are no refunds or pro- rating for arriving later or leaving earlier than the reserved dates.
TRAVEL INSURANCE SUGGESTIONS
1. Flight and travel insurance is recommended to protect your investments. Rhona Parsons/ Bodyworks with Rhona (collectively known as BWR) is not responsible for any travel issues or cancellations you may incur in regard to this trip.
2. Mara de Jade is not responsible for any reason of cancellations or modifications of the itineraries of flights, or any other means of transportation.
3. As a guest, you are responsible for your own medical and health care. It is highly recommended that you carry your own personal medical insurance. If necessary, please ensure you bring your own medication.
4. BWR cannot be held liable for any accidents, injuries, or thefts during the retreat.
5. BWR reserves the right to use group pictures taken during the course and activities for its records and promotional purposes. Please let BWR know beforehand if you would prefer NOT to be in the photos.
What's included in the package:
7 nights selected accommodation
3 delicious buffet-style meals per day (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free options are available upon request)
14 Yoga/Pilates classes, (morning and late afternoon)
The use of the beautiful Yoga retreat halls and equipment (mats, blocks, bolsters, straps)
Insightful Journeys workshops and manual
Unlimited use of the outdoor pool and jacuzzi
What's not included in the package:
Travel to and from Mar de Jade
Excursions and resort activities
Resort staff gratuities